Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Timelines

Today I'm wishing I'd stuck it out on the medical tract. I'd love to be a surgeon. I always felt like it wasn't practical or conducive to having a family and/or having time for anything else.

I still wish I had the ability to heal people and help them put their bodies back together.
I instead chose to help people to put their lives back together. I kinda feel like that may have been a selfish move so that I could have the family and free time I want. I still believe it's a worthy thing to do, but I still worry I'm ignoring some kind of calling.

There's a million different things I wish I could do... Run a large business, be really stock market savvy, international trade, humanitarian, pilot, journalist, photographer etc...
If school didn't take sooo long I'd love to do all of those things. I don't feel like I have enough time. For much of anything.

I worry about time a lot. I'm hoping that I can learn to relax and take life as it comes....
I've already had to learn a hard lesson (for me) because of these medical problems I've been having. I've learned that no matter how much planning you do, you can't control (or plan for) the uncontrollable.
It's been an important lesson for me. It's hard to have shattered timelines, but timelines can be reconstructed and adapted to the important things. I've learned that timelines are malleable and that the world doesn't and won't end if they have to change.

xxx K.

No comments:

Post a Comment