Friday, May 29, 2009

Spanish.
I HATE Spanish. I understand why we need to know another language BUT I think it should be taken into account that some people - people like me - have no capacity for learning another language. Perhaps I could learn to speak and understand enough to communicate, however I will NEVER know enough to be able to write complete comprehensive sentences. All I can say is thank god for free translators - or I would never make it through my homework.

GPA's.
Warn your kids, your GPA in high school haunts you forever. I took some dual enrollment classes in high school. Math - and if you know me, you know math and I mix as well as oil and water. Needless to say I did miserably and now those high school grades are following me around and dragging down my GPA. This is seriously annoying. I would have a 3.6 or so and qualify for Honors if it were not for my high school GPA. So I'm warning you, when it comes time for your children to take classes that may impact their college GPA think long and hard before you put them in those classes. If they don't care too much about school right now then it's your responsibility to NOT enroll them in classes that will hurt them later. Put aside your ego, put aside what's "best" for them, and do what's right - don't enroll them. They won't change just because they say they will, and it's not fair to pin a person's entire college career on the stupid things they do as teenagers in high school. You know this as well as I do, this is your reminder.

Gallbladder update.
Doing much better. I finally slept in my bed, on my side !!!YES!!! - ironically it's easier to sleep on the holey side than the other because of gravity I suppose. I was of course surrounded by pillows to keep me propped up. I'm still having breathing issues though. Dr. N. says it's because the gallbladder is right next to the liver and my liver was bruised when they were working around in there. He says that every time I breathe my liver gets squished by my diaphragm and that's what causes my pain. Also... my scars are not healing very well. I have 4 incisions, 2 small holes and 2 about an inch and a half long. The two long ones are a mess. There is one directly above my belly button and it looks as though half of it is still wide open, although it is not bleeding or anything. Oddly, I now have a little dimple inside my belly button - I'm assuming it's from the stitches pulling on it?. The other long one is right in the middle between my ribcage - well it's slightly offset to the right - and I seem to now have a very large dent there. Pat said it needs pounding out - oh Pat and his car analogies :) - it's very odd and I do hope it goes away.

Moving.
We're moving back home soon!!! Well not home, home. I mean Pat's grandma is letting us use her rental house while we're there. SUCH a nice thing to do! I'm only a little nervous because we haven't been able to see the inside at all and Pat's mom said that it hasn't been updated since it was built in the 50's. We'll make the best of it :) So I must start packing up soon. I have a lot of clothes that don't fit me anymore since I gained weight, but I can't bring myself to give them away just in case I somehow lose weight. I suppose I should just give them away, there aren't even clothes I would wear anymore anyway.

Wedding.
Were thinking of getting married next Memorial Dayyyy, May 31st! I wanted to do it in the winter and still may but prolly not. We're thinking green cream and yellow as colors since it's a summer wedding. I'm looking for a non strapless gown although I'll probably get a strapless if I can lose some weight. We're hoping to have a fairly small wedding - less money! - and think we've found the perfect spot overlooking the water and the dolphin fountain where we had our first kiss :). wish us luck!

OK, I must continue studying Spanish so that I don't utterly fail my test tomorrow morning. Yes, I have a test on Saturday morning :(. Oh and after that I somehow roped myself into participating in Spanish research for a measly 3 points on our final grade and 10 points on our lowest test score - which is pretty good because it brings you up a whole letter grade on that test. It's 3 hours of research to be completed before July 2nd, however they conveniently neglected to tell us that half of it HAS to be done tomorrow. Blarggg - Life.

Have a great weekend!
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment