Friday, September 11, 2009

more scammers!

more scammers on craigslist!

dougweidman152@gmail.com
totally tried to scam me with the same exact email as yesterday's scammer

this is the email (I've gotten the same one twice with very little difference):

Thanks for your reply and am glad to know that it is still for
sale.However i have few questions on the products you are selling.
1,I would like to know the reason you are selling it..?
2,What is the current condition of the item..?
3,What is your firm price, though am okay with the listing price..?
4,Do you have the receipt for it ..?
5,Would you please allow me to pay through paypal even though i will
add an extra dollars to cover the shipping because am currently not
local at the moment,I want to purchase it for my son studying in Oversea (fountainal)as a birthday gift.I'll be offering you $860 for the item cost including the local shipping cost.i want you to get back to me with your Confirmed PayPal email account so that i can make an instant payment to your PayPal account.



also got this one:

Greetings

Hello there... is your item still available for sale...?get back to me ASAP

I only noticed this one because it was on another scamming website.
I've noticed that people you are scamming you not only use the word "product/item" but also they use "..." A LOT!
also the double greeting is just weird.
ohhh and also they've offered me more for my "item" than I was asking (I naively assumed that it was for insurance and shipping )

I'll keep updating you, I'm sure I'll have more
although I think I may have found a real one (lol just bc she low-balled me like crazy)

bottom line - don't sell to someone unless you can see their face and don't let go of the "product" unless you have cash in hand ( I read on one of these scam catcher sites that even cashiers checks can be faked - so if you get one meet them at the bank and cash it there.)

so disappointed in these people, they are the reason the world is so messed up

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment