Friday, September 11, 2009

Scammers on Craigslist

Please be Aware:

melissabruce40@yahoo.com is a scammer.

"she" contracted me through craigslist,
saying that she wanted me to by my laptop
that was for sale and that she was "out of the area"
at the moment and could I please
give her my paypal info
so she could do an instant deposit

I'm not sure how she was planning to rip me off
but when I googled her name
it came up with virtually the same exact story -
a blogger complaining that this "melissa" person
had tried to rip them off in a computer scheme

anyway here's the details so that
you don't fall for the same story
if she changes her name

she asked me pretty normal questions
but instead of saying laptop - she always
said item or product/s
she also said she was currently out of the area
and that she was buying this as a b-day gift for her kid
who was studying overseas
she wanted to use paypal

I never would have suspected her,
but my friend that uses craigslist a lot
told me to google her email address
just to be sure
and sure enough
SCAMMER.

ugh horrible people make me so angry.
Haven't you got anything better to do with your time?
ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment